Most cat owners will resonate with the need to have a good cat litter. It is annoying for most cat owners to be cleaning up track and dust that our sweet feline friends scatter everywhere. Your cat’s paws pick up the debris from the cat litter box, and it would be great to find cat litter that doesn’t track.
How To Choose The Best Cat Litter That Doesn’t Track
While it is nearly impossible to have cat litter that doesn’t track 100%, some cat litter are prone to track and scatter more than others.
Cat Litter That Doesn’t Track Easily Should
Cat litter that clumps will perform better than non-clumping ones. When your cat’s urine combines with it, it will clump into hard lumps that are easier to clean, and less likely to be caught between your cat’s paws.
Keep the Odor Away
Any cat litter of good quality should be able to keep the unsettling odor at bay. What’s more, cats will detest using a smelly litter box.
Cat litters such as clumping clay litter tend to be quite dusty for both your cat and you as you clean the litter box. Such cat litters also encourage the transfer of dust to almost every part of the house, resulting in allergies.
Be Reasonably Priced
While most people may go for the cheap cat litter brands, it may be very expensive in the long run due to the frequent replacing. Choose good quality cat litter, and you’ll end up using fewer quantities of it.
What Type Of Litter Should You Use?
Basically, the cat litter substrate can be scented or unscented. Strong scents may be too strong on your cat’s eyes and nose and tend to put off most cats.
There are four general categories of cat litter, namely:
- Clumping Clay Litter – this is arguably one of the most common cat litters. Usually made of bentonite, a naturally occurring type of clay, it clumps upon absorbing liquids. Clumping clay litter is, however, not biodegradable. It is also dusty, and if your cat ingests or inhales a lot of it, it could lead to health problems such as intestinal obstruction.
- Non-clumping cat litter – Also mined from the earth’s surface, this type of litter will not clump when it comes into contact with your cat’s urine. It is also dusty and non-biodegradable, tends to waste a lot, and is usually cheaper than other litter types.
- Crystal Litter – This type of cat litter is mostly made of silica, and there are several variations available in the market. Crystal litter absorbs odor and is super absorbent. Most of these cat litter will change color after coming into contact with urine from a cat with a urinary tract infection. They are non-dusty, but the crystals could be a bit sharp for your cat’s paws.
- Natural Cat Litter – This type of litter is made from natural products such as corn, wheat, or pine. While they are degradable, most may not clump easily, which is a feature that most good quality cat litters should have. What’s more, these cat litter tend to be dusty and may cause a reaction to your cat.
What Are The Benefits of Using Cat Litter?
Cat litter allows you to keep your space odor-free and clean. The material used for your cat litter should be able to absorb odor. What’s more, a cat litter box saves you the hassle of cleaning up a whole lot of mess.
A clean litter box is easier to maintain. Because scooping and replacing cat litter is what you do, your cat litter box remains clean, and your cat will love it.
How To Keep Cat Litter Off The Floor
Your cat’s litter box needs proper maintenance to be able to serve your cat and household well. Always having to clean up messes and dealing with odor is something most cat owners detest.
Some of the proper ways to successfully do this include:
- Vacuuming and sweeping effectively. It is important to maintain a daily vacuuming routine for the area around your cat’s litter box. This eliminates tracking and keeps your house presentable.
- Getting a good quality cat litter will highly minimize the need to keep sweeping off track.
Let Us Take A Look At The Following Cat Litters
Frisco Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter
Frisco Multi-Cat unscented clumping cat clay litter is made of all-natural clay, making it perfect for clumping and easing up scooping.
The litter neutralizes odor fast and works by locking in your cat’s urine and preventing it from getting to the litter box’s bottom.
- Minimized dust particles. This greatly minimizes tracking and is safe for your cat.
- This cat litter is designed to quickly neutralize odor leaving even multiple-cat homes odor-free.
- Frisco multi-cat unscented clumping clay litter has no scents, thus does not irritate your cats.
- The all-natural clay easily clumps up and is easy to scoop and maintain.
- This cat litter contains no dyes, perfumes, and plant proteins and so will not put off your cats.
- Since its made from natural clay, it still has traces of dust, which will require cleaning up after tracking.
- Because this cat litter clumps up easily, you may have to keep replenishing the cat litter box, using up much litter.
Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter Pellets Refill
This cat litter is designed to work with the Tidy Cats Breeze litter system. It allows urine to seep through, leaving solid waste on top. They pour seamlessly into the automatic cat litter box, leaving no mess behind.
- No tracking. This is because this cat litter isn’t made of fine granules that track all over.
- The low maintenance litter box control is ideal for busy cat owners.
- Purina Tidy Cats Breeze Cat Litter Pellets is 99.9% dust-free.
- The pellets permeate urine to the odor-controlling Breeze Cat Pad leaving a clean and odor-free litter.
- The pellets dehydrate solid waste and leave your cat’s litter box clean and welcoming.
- The pellets may be harder to scoop as they are larger than traditional litter.
- It may not efficiently contain feces odor.
- Some cats may not adjust well to a transition to large pellets from traditional litter.
Kitty Poo Club Litter Bag comes in four-packs containing four bags of litter. These are supplied on a monthly basis and are enough to last for the month.
The silica crystals have micropores that absorb moisture, effectively keeping your cat’s litter box dry and odor-free.
- It is made from 100% natural products.
- Silica litter is safe for your cat.
- Silica litter, unlike clay or other litter types, is relatively dust-proof and friendly to cats.
- Kitty Poo Club Litter Bag offers amazing odor control.
- Not all cat owners will appreciate a monthly subscription. Some may find it easier to have one-off buys and regulate the amount of litter they use with their cats.
- Silica litter may cause a reaction in people and pets.
- Some variants of silica litter may still give off a lot of dust.
Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter
Okocat mini pellets unscented clumping wood cat litter is made from responsibly rescued natural wood fiber. It is ultra-soft in texture, making it suitable for cats that are transitioning to it.
- The wood fiber is de-dusted and screened, making it 99% dust-free.
- The wood fiber ensures enzymes do not bond with liquid and waste, thus curbing any bad smells.
- This litter doesn’t contain artificial fragrances or harmful chemicals, making it safe not only for your cats but for the entire household.
- This cat litter is unscented and friendlier to cats compared to other litters whose strong scents put off many cats.
- Okocat mini pellets unscented clumping wood cat litter clumps immediately it comes into contact with liquids and waste. It is therefore easy to scoop up while cleaning.
- This cat litter is biodegradable and can also be flushed down the toilet.
- It comes with a corrugated box that is completely recyclable.
- The large pellets tend to track and are conspicuous on the floor because of their size.
- Because of the pellet’s size, it may be hard for them to go through the fine scoops that usually work fine with other smaller granule litters.
Getting the right cat litter is paramount. My personal favorite has got to be, hands down, the Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter.
While the granules may be larger than most and are not track-free, Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter by far surpasses my expectations. In terms of bad smell control, weight, dust, and economics, Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter ranks highly. What’s more, my cats absolutely love it!
Unlike other traditional litters that may upset my cat’s nose, this particular cat litter is unscented and gentle enough. It may not be the ideal cat litter that doesn’t track, but this cat litter is the best that I’ve used with my cats so far.